– A sting operation by troops of the 26 taskforce brigade leads to the arrest of some key Boko Haram commanders
– A spokesperson for the Nigerian Army , Col Aminu Iliyasu, says many of those arrested have been identified to have operated combat vehicles during the infamous Boko Haram attack on Gwoza in 2014
– Iliyasu notes that one of the arrested suspects, Alhaji Bukar Modu is serial 89 on the high profile Boko Haram leaders wanted list published by the authorities of the Nigerian Army
The Nigerian Army says it has captured 10 suspected key Boko Haram members at Bitta in Gwoza LGA of Borno, trying to escape the troops’ sustained onslaught on them.
The Nigerian Army operations media coordinator, Col Aminu Iliyasu, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday, October 12, in Abuja.
He said that a successful sting operation conducted on October 9 by troops of the 26 task force brigade led to the arrest of the suspects, The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
According to him, many of those arrested have been identified to have operated combat vehicles during the infamous Boko Haram attack on Gwoza in 2014.
Iliyasu said the arrested suspects all from Bama local government area of Borno state includes:
1. Shettima Mustapha Umar,
2. Abba Buji,
3. Alhaji Bukar Madu-(KAHID – a Boko Haram Terrorists’ equivalent of a Brigadier General)
4. Ali Hassan (Boko Haram Terrorist Imam)
5. Alkali Laminu.
6. Bukur Mustapha
7. Buba Umaru (Alias Black Uhuru) also a KAHID,
8. Madu Nosobe,
9. Mustapha Hussaine
10. Umar Jeddum.
“It is gratifying to note that one of the arrested suspects, Alhaji Bukar Modu is Serial 89 on the high profile Boko Haram leaders wanted list published by the authorities of the Nigerian Army,’’ The army spokesperson said.
Iliyasu said that the troops of the Nigerian Army had stepped up operations nationwide to checkmate the activities of criminal, adding that various operations had yielded results.
He also said that troops of 1 Division Garrison Tactical Headquarters, Kaduna, intercepted suspected cattle rustlers and recovered 23 rustled cows in Birnin Gwari local government area.
According to him, efforts are on to identify the owners of the stolen livestock for eventual release to them.
Iliyasu further said that five herdsmen complicit in the murder of one Haliru Yahaya on his farm in Birniwa in Jigawa were arrested in a joint operation by the army and police.
The operations spokesman said that the arrested suspects were currently in the custody of the Nigeria police in Birniwa while troops maintain vigilance in the area to forestall any escalation.
According to him, notorious armed robbers, kidnappers, vandals and oil bunkers were also arrested in Edo, Ondo, Ogun, Plateau, Delta, and
Rivers states in different operations of the army.
“In the light of the above, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen Tukur Buratai wishes to thank all patriotic citizens for availing the Nigerian Army with useful information leading to the successes so far recorded.
Source: Legit NG
Author: Kess Ewubare